Sign up to save your library
With an OverDrive account, you can save your favorite libraries for at-a-glance information about availability. Find out more about OverDrive accounts.
Find this title in Libby, the library reading app by OverDrive.
Search for a digital library with this title
Title found at these libraries:
Have you ever thought of owning your own bar? Did you ever stumble into an overpriced watering hole and think how much better it could be if you ran the place? Or maybe you walked into your dream bar and realized that running one was the dream job you've always wanted?
With Running a Bar for Dummies, you can live your dream of operating your own establishment. This hands-on guide shows you how to maintain a successful bar, manage the business aspect of it, and stake your place in your town's nightlife. It provides informative tips on:
- Understanding the business and laws of owning a bar
- Developing a business plan
- Creating a menu, choosing décor, and establishing a theme
- Stocking up on equipment
- Choosing and dealing with employees
- Handling tough customers
- Controlling expenses, managing inventory, and controlling cash flow
- Getting the word out about your place
- Preparing for your grand opening, step-by-step
This guide cues you in on how to keep your bar safe and clean, making sure everyone is having fun. It warns you about the pitfalls and no-nos that every owner should avoid. There are also helpful resources, such as contact information for State Alcohol Control Boards and Web sites with valuable information.