100 of the Worst Ideas in History
ebook ∣ Humanity's Thundering Brainstorms Turned Blundering Brain Farts
Add Book To Favorites
Search for a digital library with this title
Title found at these libraries:
What were they thinking?
Ever since Adam snacked on the forbidden fruit and was chased naked out of the Garden of Eden, mankind has bitten off a bevy of bad ideas.
From skinny-dipping Presidents to toxic tooth fillings to singing pop stars who can't carry a tune, 100 of the Worst Ideas in History is a celebration of humanity's historical—and often hysterical—missteps that have started wars, sunk countries, wrecked companies, scuttled careers, lost millions, and even endangered the Earth.
• How a confused chauffeur helped start World War I
• Who turned down the greatest product placement opportunity in Hollywood history
• How a Chicago White Sox game helped hasten the demise of disco
• The toad that nearly ate Australia
• The most dangerous children's game ever invented
• And so much more (of so much less!)
Spanning politics, pop culture, fashion, sports, technology, and more, this irreverent and witty book is packed with fun photos and sidebars, tracing how these thundering brainstorms turned into blundering brain farts—and the astonishing impacts our faux pas and foibles still have on us today.