Find this title in Libby, the library reading app by OverDrive.
Search for a digital library with this title
Title found at these libraries:
So, you've decided to learn Chinese. Now what?
One of the toughest languages to learn, it's never been easy to find reading material in Chinese... However, we've created a book that will change all of that.
Language learning isn't just about lessons or practice – it's about consistency. You may have found the best teacher in town or the most incredible learning app around, but if you don't put all of that knowledge to practice, you'll soon forget everything you've obtained. This is why being engaged with interesting reading material can be so essential for somebody wishing to learn a new language.
Therefore, in this book we have compiled 20 easy-to-read, compelling and fun stories that will allow you to expand your vocabulary and give you the tools to improve your grasp of the wonderful Chinese (Mandarin) tongue.
How Chinese Short Stories For Beginners works:
- Each chapter possesses a funny, interesting and/or thought-provoking story based on real-life situations, allowing you to learn a bit more about the Chinese culture.
- Having trouble understanding Chinese characters? No problem – apart from the English translation below each paragraph, we've also provided you with the Pinyin romanization of the Chinese language, so that you never have trouble reading Chinese again!
- The summaries follow a synopsis in Chinese and in English of what you just read, both to review the lesson and for you to see if you understood what the tale was about. Use them if you're having trouble.
- At the end of those summaries, you'll be provided with a list of the most relevant vocabulary involved in the lesson, as well as slang and sayings that you may not have understood at first glance! Again, Pinyin romanization is included to make things super easy for you!
- Finally, you'll be provided with a set of tricky questions in Chinese, allowing you the chance to prove that you learned something in the story. Whether it's true or false, or if you're doing the single answer questions, don't worry if you don't know the answer to any — we will provide them immediately after, but no cheating!
We want you to feel comfortable while learning the tongue; after all, no language should be a barrier for you to travel around the world and expand your social circles!
So look no further! Pick up your copy of Chinese Short Stories for Beginners and level up your Chinese, right now!